What I’ve Worked On
2023 - PRESENT
I am an Analyst in the Director Advisory Services group. I joined as the 10th member of the team. Launched in 2016 and operating globally with teams in the United States and Europe, Director Advisory Services (DAS) provides strategic, board-level advice to corporate clients and individuals on governance, board succession planning and board building. DAS works with clients on a wide range of corporate strategies including mergers, initial public offerings, spins, board defense and activist challenges. DAS also provides general corporate governance support, in particular to the boards of multinational and cross-border clients navigating complex regulatory and governance environments. DAS has assisted ~1300 corporate clients with their boardroom needs.
2022 - 2023
I worked as an Advisory Associate in KPMG's Financial Services- Regulatory & Compliance Risk group out of the New York City office. I was on the Banking team. In this role, I advised clients in the banking, fintech, and insurance industries on navigating complex financial regulations and ensured consumer compliance.
▪ Developed frameworks and methodologies for operational and regulatory risk programs for multinational banks, fintechs, and broker-dealers
▪ Reviewed clients’ processes and controls against leading practice and industry frameworks, identified gaps in design and execution and communicated issues and recommendations to engagement leads and client management
▪ Worked with an international and cross-functional team to execute control testing for customer commitments and deliver insights about internal risk
2022 - Present
I am a Venture Scout for LvlUp Ventures. LvlUp is an industry-agnostic, non-traditional hybrid VC firm investing in great teams with strong initial market validation. LvlUp takes a relationship-driven and community-focused approach to sourcing, selecting, supporting, and scaling their investments.
The LvlUp Scout Program brings together industry professionals, entrepreneurs, current/future investors, and operators to advance their skills and track record as early-stage investors. LvlUp supports scouts with capital, education, and community. Scouts work with LvlUp Partners and their fellow scouts to invest in aspiring entrepreneurs in their network and build their personal investment strategy
I utilize my experience and connections from YouTube, the NYC tech space, and social media to scout startups in the Fintech, Creator Economy, Future of Work, and Apparel industries.
TREASURY SUMMER ANALYST
I spent my junior year summer interning with Regions Bank in their Treasury group. As the world and its economies were recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic, banks found themselves with liquidity levels never seen before. This presented a great opportunity to work in the industry at a time when it was experiencing so much change and uncertainty.
• Prepared financial analysis on liquidity and credit risk frameworks and created a model that monitors the liquidity levels of the bank’s $17+ billion of cash
• Utilized and created dashboards within Microsoft PowerBI software to present and visualize complex liquidity data patterns within the bank’s $147+ billion balance sheet
• Coded numerous macros using Visual Basic for Application (VBA) language that optimized efficiency of the monthly liquidity stress testing procedures by 3%
• Researched and created analysis on peer bank loan and borrowing activity that was used in a liquidity stress testing update presentation to the Federal Reserve
RESEARCH SUMMER ANALYST
During the summer of 2020, I was fortunate to intern with Pelican Bay Capital Management and shadow the portfolio manager, Tyler Hardt. This internship introduced me to the asset management industry and provided me exposure to market research and hedge fund investment strategies.
• Researched, drafted, and presented stock valuation reports to the portfolio manager on numerous publicly traded companies in the retail industry for potential investment by the firm
• Created and implemented stock screeners for use in the firm’s “Phoenix” hedge fund, which realized a 47% Q2 gain
• Applied the normalized earnings, simple discounted cash flow, replacement value and comparable transaction valuation approaches to determine attractive equities for the fund to further research
ESTATE PLANNING SUMMER INTERN
As an intern at Galbraith Law, I was able to provide value to one of the largest and fastest-growing estate planning law firms in the country. My focus was providing a digital transformation for the firm to allow for a more efficient document drafting process and data storage.
Researched current and potential estate planning legislation for seminar presentations by the firm's managing partner
Integrated the firm’s document filing software with a team collaboration software to improve efficiency and reduce the time of the document drafting process
Created a detailed spreadsheet used in meetings to show clients the benefits of certain estate planning strategies on their future income tax and estate tax liability
Digitalized historic client documents to the cloud and reduced company environmental footprint